Monday, January 7, 2013

All Roads Lead To ???

 
The above picture was posted by The God Article on Facebook.  It was taken from Truth Beckons Facebook page.  Growing up in the church I was told that the only way to get into heaven is through Jesus.  The scripture says in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the father except through me." So my question is, if you don't believe in Jesus, then based on the above scripture, you will not be getting into heaven?
 
I struggle so  much with this.  How can God, who I believe to be loving, not allow others into heaven.  What about the people to believe in Him and love him but don't know Jesus? They have faith in Him, believe Him to be in charge and creator of all life.  But because other faiths don't have Jesus as part of their faith, they will not be allowed to get into heaven? I find this harsh and very difficult to understand. This is part of my on-going struggle. 
 
I wish I had answers.  And I know that some would say that if you believe scripture then you must believe this also.  So therefore, the answer is no, they will not be allowed into heaven based on scripture.  But why isn't there more than one way to get to heaven?  

 
I am wandering, and I must believe that I am not lost.
 
Any suggestions you would like to share I would be interested in listening. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment