Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Weekly Lesson

This past week I had a very heated dialog with a childhood friend. He has seen the red equal sign for marriage equality on my Facebook page and he was wondering if I was turning away from my faith. He an I had come to faith in the same youth group. We had learned from a very faithful pastor that homosexuality was a sin. I have since come to believe different. Our discussions (on Facebook) were passionate on both sides. And at first I was frustrated that he and I couldn't find common ground or at least agree to disagree, I have since come to think differently. After a few days of reflection I am seeing it as a positive. While I don't agree with his stand I believe he is seeking God with his whole heart. And while he believes I am being lead away by satan, I know that I am truly seeking God with my whole heart! I hope he and I can continue to remain friends and seek to personally know God intimately. And while we may be on different paths it doesn't mean we aren't following what God has planned for us.

Since Easter just passed, I pray you found God wherever you were and that you will continue to find God wherever you may be on your faith journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment